I help executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations make meaningful impact.
As an entrepreneur, coach, and three time champion of burnout olympics, I believe that making an impact starts from levelling up your personal operating system, building a purpose-driven organizational culture, and intelligently communicating that to the world.
Meaningful Work. Meaningful Leadership. Meaningful Marketing.
I bring a deep and unique blend of experience in executive coaching, strategic advising, entrepreneurship, professional speaking, education, and digital marketing to the table.
The bedrock of my approach to leadership, innovation, and change comes from interviewing over 130 executives, entrepreneurs, authors and change makers on the topic of meaningful work. The core thread of that research is that your job doesn’t define you, but your work does.
In practice, it’s being intentional about how you show up, who you serve, and what contribution you want to make.
10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
- I once placed second in a haiku writing contest, and was published in a magazine. So… technically, I’m a published poet.
- In 2014, I founded the Social Media for a Business certificate program at Mount Royal University, and in 2015 I created the Digital Marketing Strategy certificate for the Canadian Marketing Association.
- In 2017, I founded PodSummit, Canada’s premier podcast conference, which is now in its fourth year. We partner with sponsors like Shure, Adobe, and Spreaker and bring together podcasters from across Canada, USA, and EU.
- I’ve been fortunate to work with and advise organizations such as Yamaha, Shure, Intact Insurance, and Parks Canada, as well as health and tech startups.
- Some of my work and projects have been covered by HubSpot, Mashable, CBC, Global TV, Smart Insights, and Nonprofit Quarterly (as well as a few others).
- You’ll often find me in the mountains! We’re lucky to live close to the Rockies, so I take every opportunity to hike, climb, and be in nature.
- For years, I collected fountain pens and obsessed over stationery. My favourite pen and ink combination is a Sailor 1911 (Medium Nib)with Sailor Shikiori Yonaga ink.
- 20+ years ago, I traded my first car for my first motorcycle and I’ve been riding ever since. My current ride is a minty 2014 Triumph Thruxton (with some tweaks).
- A few years ago, I took up urban sketching. It’s one of my
favouritesummer hobbies, that taught me so much about colour, perspective and paying attention to details.
- In 2017, I did a TEDx talk about digital and phone addiction. Since then, I’ve written and podcasted about the power of disconnecting. As a result, I minimized my digital usage and every year I take an off-grid sabbatical in Interior BC.
Connect With Me
- Link up with me on LinkedIn
- Check out some of my photos on Instagram
- You can e-mail me directly at hello [at] ernestbarbaric.com
- Listen to my podcast on meaningful work!