Thank you for stopping by! As both a professional speaker and planning committee leader I understand how much effort it takes to find the right speaker, and the impact that decision has on your event. I hope you will find this page helpful.
Thank you for considering me for your event, I really appreciate it.
I work closely with organizers to ensure your objectives are met and the audience walks away with concrete and tangible ideas they can put to work the next day. Here is what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt replies to your inquiries. All e-mails are replied to within 24 hours.
- Phone consultation prior to your event, to ensure that you and your audience receive the best experience possible.
- Custom teaser video encouraging people to attend your event, which can be used on your newsletter, website or social media channels. (sample video)
- Resource page created specifically for your event that includes slides, notes and relevant links.
- Follow-up call or e-mail after the event, to make sure your expectations were met and the audience was satisfied.
Since 2008 I have keynoted over 100 events, and led some of the most well-received workshops on digital marketing and social media. My work has been featured in HubSpot, Mashable, USA Today, Forbes, Financial Post, CBC, GlobalTV, CTV National, and Social Media Today.
Most of my work focuses on digital marketing, content marketing, and entrepreneurship in the digital space. In 2010 I founded a Social Media For Business Certificate at Mount Royal University (the first of its kind in Western Canada), and in 2015 I designed and produced an online Digital Marketing Strategy Certificate program for the Canadian Marketing Association.
In May of 2017, I founded and organized PodSummit – the first podcast and content creator conference in Western Canada. We had 110 people from all over Western Canada and United States come together for a day of learning, with sponsors such as Adobe, Shure, and Spreaker.
Some of the conferences I spoke at include:
- Atlantic Marketing NOW Conference – Halifax
- IEDA Conference – Illinois Economic Development Association Conference
- The Content Marketing Code – CMA Workshop Series, Toronto
- Social Summit – Social Media Marketing Conference, Calgary
- Rev: Sustain. Accelerate. Drive – Chamber of Commerce Conference
- WordCamp – WordPress Conference Calgary
- Internet Marketing Conference – New York, Vancouver, Calgary
- Embracing New Frontiers – Atlific Hotels National Conference
- Economic Outlook Summit – Economic Development Alberta
- Connect & Collaborate – Travel Alberta Industry Conference
- Forecast Conference – Canadian Real Estate Board
- PGA Spring Seminar – Professional Golfing Association, Calgary
- EARN – Alberta Human Services Professional Development Series
I currently live in Calgary, Alberta with my wonderful wife and 2-year old daughter. In free time, I paint, do a bit of black and white photography, and build motorcycles. This Now page will give you a behind-the-scenes look at what I’m up to at the time.
I usually speak on the topics of digital marketing, content marketing, and social media. Be assured that no presentation is “canned” – each one is designed specifically for the the outcome you want to achieve.
Usually 45 minutes long, my keynote presentations blend industry-specific examples, innovative marketing ideas and your key messages. Some of the recent keynotes include:
- Digital Marketing Trends – How business, communication, and marketing are evolving.
- Professional. Trusted. Published. – How to build trust and brand equity.
- Digital Crossing – Near future when technology, media, and brands intersect.
- The Ripple Effect – How social media shapes our decisions.
- Digital Economic Development – How to placebrand, and attract investors with modern marketing.
If you have an upcoming event that requires a value-packed, dynamic and engaging keynote presentation, click here to get started.
Breakout sessions offer a more intimate environment to deep-dive into a topic and engage in more focused discussion. Topics include digital marketing strategy, content marketing, social media, reputation management, crisis communications and more. Some recent examples include:
- The Content Marketing Code – intensive 3-hour content marketing workshop.
- The Red Folder – how to use social media in crisis communications.
- Minimal Marketing Strategy – a 4 panel framework for strategy design.
From the outset, we establish a safe and interactive atmosphere where participants can get their questions answered and walk away with specific and actionable ideas. If this is what you are looking for, click here to get started.
Workshops include group activities and facilitated learning. They can be delivered in half-day, full-day, or multi-day formats.
Each one is custom-built for your specific requirements, and is a perfect vehicle for capacity building and professional development.
Some workshop examples would include: digital marketing strategy development, digital marketing analysis and opportunity identification, and content strategy development.
One of my favourites was a social media adventure race we developed for a local non-profit where departments had to compete by solving clues and completing tasks across using social media tools. Sounds interesting? Click here to get started.
“I’ve been a fan of Ernest’s work for quite some time, and recently worked with him on a social media and digital marketing conference called SocialWest. Ernest was incredibly easy to work with. When you are planning a major event, you want speakers to be responsive and excited – Ernest was both of those. Better yet, his presentation was fantastic. Out of all the comments we collected, his presentation received high praise for being insightful, packed with useful and practical information. His presentation style is professional and easy to understand, but you can tell you’re hearing from someone who knows what he’s talking about. I’d recommend anyone take up the opportunity to work with him.”
– Mike Morrison, SocialWest Conference
“Every time Ernest speaks, I always learn several new “takeaways” that I can use immediately to improve our results online.“
– Nancy Smith, Travel Alberta Industry Conference
“Ernest is an excellent speaker on digital marketing and social media topics. He has a fantastic perspective on what really matters and provides clear, practical insights to our audience of leaders, managers and marketing professionals. His sessions always get rave reviews and I would recommend him as a speaker for any event, online or offline.“
– Susan Sweeney, eLearning University
“Trying to standout in the NEW social media universe can be challenging. Ernest Barbaric’s fast-paced and strategic presentation equipped our connected Rural business owners with key information on targeting customers and customer motivations. His ideas and examples were very useful to demystify and uncover new options for connecting with customers using social media. Book Ernest today if you want to amp up your social media success!“
– Christie Dick, SAMDA Economic Development
Thank you for considering me!
Please fill out the form below, and myself or an assistant will be in touch within 24 hours.
Alternatively, e-mail me directly at: speaking [at] ernestbarbaric.com.