Thank you for stopping by. As both a professional speaker and planning committee leader I understand how much effort it takes to find the right speaker, and the impact that decision has on your event. So, I hope you find this page helpful.
Thank you for considering me for your event, I really appreciate it.
I work closely with organizers to ensure your objectives are met and the audience walks away with concrete and tangible ideas they can put to work the next day. Here is what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt replies to your inquiries. Phone calls are returned within 90 minutes during regular business hours (Mountain Time).
- Phone consultation prior to your event, to ensure that you and your audience receive the best experience possible.
- Custom teaser video encouraging people to attend your event, which can be used on your newsletter, website or social media channels. (sample video)
- Resource page created specifically for your event that includes slides, notes and relevant links.
- Follow-up call or e-mail after the event, to make sure your expectations were met and the audience was satisfied.
Since 2008 I have keynoted over 100 events, and led some of the most well-received breakout sessions on digital marketing and social media. My work has been featured in MashHubspotable, Mashable, USA Today, Forbes, Financial Post, and Social Media Today.
Most of my work focuses on marketing, branding and thought leadership in the digital space. In 2010 I founded a Social Media For Business Certificate at Mount Royal University (the first of its kind in Western Canada), and in 2015 I designed and produced an online Digital Marketing Strategy Certificate program for the Canadian Marketing Association.
Some of the conferences I spoke at include:
- Atlantic Marketing NOW Conference – Halifax
- The Content Marketing Code – CMA Workshop Series, Toronto
- Social Summit – Social Media Marketing Conference, Calgary
- Rev: Sustain. Accelerate. Drive – Chamber of Commerce Conference
- WordCamp – WordPress Conference Calgary
- Internet Marketing Conference – New York, Vancouver, Calgary
- Embracing New Frontiers – Atlific Hotels National Conference
- Economic Outlook Summit – Economic Development Alberta
- Connect & Collaborate – Travel Alberta Industry Conference
- Forecast Conference – Canadian Real Estate Board
I usually speak on the topics of digital and content marketing. No presentations is “canned” – each one is designed specifically for the the outcome you want to achieve.
Usually 45 minutes long, my keynote presentations blend industry-specific examples, innovative marketing ideas and your key messages. Some of the recent keynotes include:
- Finding Your Voice – learnings from 6 years of failure
- The 5 Engagement Triggers – on the psychology of online engagement
- The Ripple Effect – how social media influences our decisions
If you have an upcoming event that requires a value-packed, dynamic and engaging keynote presentation, click here to get started.
While similar to a keynote, I find that breakout sessions offer a more intimate environment to deep-dive into a topic and engage in more focused discussion. Topics include digital marketing strategy, content marketing, reputation management, crisis communications and more. Some recent examples include:
- The Content Marketing Code – intensive content marketing workshop
- The Red Folder – social media in crisis communications
- Digital Marketing Playbook – for economic development
From the outset, we establish a safe and interactive atmosphere where participants can get their questions answered and walk away with specific and actionable ideas. If this is what you are looking for, click here to get started.
Highly interactive, workshops often include group activities to help facilitate better retention of materials. 90 minutes to half-day in length, these can be a perfect vehicle for capacity building or professional development.
Workshops range from a lecture-style presentation to a unique experiential learning event. One of my favourites was a social media adventure race we developed for a local non-profit where departments had to compete by solving clues and completing tasks across using social media tools. Click here to get started.
“I’ve been a fan of Ernest’s work for quite some time, and recently worked with him on a social media and digital marketing conference called SocialWest. Ernest was incredibly easy to work with. When you are planning a major event, you want speakers to be responsive and excited – Ernest was both of those. Better yet, his presentation was fantastic. Out of all the comments we collected, his presentation received high praise for being insightful, packed with useful and practical information. His presentation style is professional and easy to understand, but you can tell you’re hearing from someone who knows what he’s talking about. I’d recommend anyone take up the opportunity to work with him.”
– Mike Morrison, SocialWest Conference
“Every time Ernest speaks, I always learn several new “takeaways” that I can use immediately to improve our results online.“
– Nancy Smith, Travel Alberta Industry Conference
“Ernest is an excellent speaker on digital marketing and social media topics. He has a fantastic perspective on what really matters and provides clear, practical insights to our audience of leaders, managers and marketing professionals. His sessions always get rave reviews and I would recommend him as a speaker for any event, online or offline.“
– Susan Sweeney, eLearning University
“Trying to standout in the NEW social media universe can be challenging. Ernest Barbaric’s fast-paced and strategic presentation equipped our connected Rural business owners with key information on targeting customers and customer motivations. His ideas and examples were very useful to demystify and uncover new options for connecting with customers using social media. Book Ernest today if you want to amp up your social media success!“
– Christie Dick, SAMDA Economic Development
Thank you for considering me :)
Please fill out the form below to receive my availability and fee schedule. For immediate response please call 403.561.8363 in Canada or 619.800.8363 in USA.