Thank you stopping by!
I hope you enjoyed the presentation as much as I enjoyed putting it together. Since there is ALWAYS more to learn, I invite you to take advantage of these materials and tools to really take your consulting and/or speaking practice to the next level.
We covered Digital Strategic Objective Development and Engagement Mapping… and you can now download a free mini e-book that covers those topics by clicking here.
As for blogging, here are the most important points:
What to Write About
- Lists ( 5 best ways to… Top 3… )
- How To’s
- Opinion Pieces (controversy gets a lot more attention then playing nice)
- Check out: Google AdWords
Blog Post Structure
- 600 to 800 words – nice bite sized piece of actionable information
- Grade 6 reading level – simple sentence structure with common words
- Image – Include at least one image with every post & make it SEO friendly
- Repeatable format – find and settle into a regular article format
Search Engine Optimization
- Check and adjust your post’s URL
- Make sure your Title (HTML tag) is appropriate
- Make sure your Article Title uses the same keywords as your title and url
- Make use of Headings (H1, H2 and H3)
- Check for Keywords and Keyword Density
- Build inbound links by posting meaningful comments on other related blogs
- Check out: SEO Analyzer
- Create a feedback loop using analytics software
- Check out how visitors are finding you (search terms and inbound links)
- Create blog posts based on search terms that tie into your brand
- Check out: GetClicky
Tips and Tricks
- Be consistent – create a publishing schedule
- Tone – find and settle into a consistent tone that works with your audience (watch who is sharing your articles)
- Design Matters – Make sure your blog is well laid out and easy to navigate
- Entry to your Marketing EcoSystem – use your blog posts to introduce readers to the rest of your site
- Call to Action – Your blog should have a purpose. Think about what that is and make a call to action.
Since it’s next to impossible to cover all social media and blogging advice in just one day, please feel free to connect with me on Twitter or just post a comment below if you have any specific Social Media questions and I will do my best to answer them promptly.
Other then that, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and I wish you the very best of luck as you take on this journey of digital marketing and social media.
Ernest Barbaric is a professional keynote speaker and social media consultant. He helps clients engage customers, reach new markets, launch products and transition into digital marketing. Sounds interesting? Get in touch today.