Fantastic event today, put on by the good people at the Art of Productions. I thought I would summarize some key points from today’s speakers:
Chip Heath – http://heathbrothers.com/
- You can effect change by providing direction + motivation + clear path.
- Study the bright spots! Sometimes the quickest path to change is studying what went right, and cloning the process to produce similar results.
- In a battle of emotional identity vs logical consequences, emotion wins. Look to motivate change through the emotional trigger. Think of it as “How we want to see ourselves”
- To change behaviour, consider changing the environment and simplifying the procedure you wish people to follow.
Sally Hogshead – http://sallyhogshead.com/
- There are seven triggers we use to fascinate people: Lust, Mystique, Alarm, Prestige, Power, Vice and Trust
- Check your own inate triggers at this F-Score page: http://sallyhogshead.com/f-score-personality-test/
- My results were: Primary: Power, Secondary: Vice, Dormant: Trust
- Create messages for your network’s network
Mitch Joel – http://www.twistimage.com/
- Devices are untethering. Internet will be as pervasive in our lives as electricity is.
- Rather then looking at how much (visitors, followers, fans) look at WHO you’re interacting with.
- Language we use in how we describe things is very important.
- Negative reviews actually garner more sales then positive ones! Go figure.
- When looking at social media as a channel: check and see if you’re broadcasting… or engaging.
- Check out this great video about effecting change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 (59 MILLION views!!!)
Gary Vaynerchuck – http://garyvaynerchuk.com/
- In between F-bombs, A-Holes and select other curse words…
- You can NOT buy your way into relationships and friendships. It takes time, honesty and open communication.
- There are significant culture shifts happening now in the way we communicate, live and make decisions.
- Facebook Credits are coming, and Gary believes they will be a major game changer: http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=837
- Transparency is key. And you don’t have a choice about being transparent.
Max Lenderman – http://www.experiencethemessage.com/
- Evernt marketing is only second to digital marketing in terms of growth
- Creating branded experiences is more likely to stick in the customer’s minds
- Experiences can’t be falsified.
- Pop-up stores are becoming a new way of engaging customers
- Do Good Things. You can’t assign an ROI to it, but you can make a positive change in the world, which is worth many ROIs over.
If you have anything to add… please feel free to comment! You can check out the tweets from the conference under #TAOM.